Monday, March 7, 2011

Old School Brownies

Close-up!

Apparently this is a Hershey's recipe. I actually got it from littleonefb (no idea who she is, now) on a long ago forgotten (by me) message board, a long time ago, and I have been making these quick (well, quick to put together) & easy (so easy even I don't use a mixer) brownies ever since. 

I should probably make altitude adjustments to this recipe, because, for me, they are a combination of dry and crackly, and intensely fudgy, with no middle ground, so to speak. But, I continue to make them, and eat them, and...

Mixing bowl One:

  • 6oz (that is, 3/4 C) Unsalted Butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 C Sugar 
  • 1 1/2 tsps vanilla

Mix.

  • 3 eggs

Add, and beat.


Mixing bowl Two:

  • 3/4 C Unbleached Flour
  • 1/2 C Baking Cocoa
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder

Whisk together.


Scrape, or as I call it, spoonula, Mixing Bowl One, into Mixing Bowl Two. Mix well.

Bake in a greased 8-inch or 9-inch pan, in a preheated oven, at 350F for about 40 minutes. Let cool on a not-hot burner, or a rack, for 5 minutes. Serve immediately thereafter. 

Serves four. Or more. Just don't touch my quarter of the pan.

2 comments:

  1. Guilty confession: my go-to brownies are Duncan Hines. I really have no defense on this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hey, if you like them no need to offer a defense!

    ReplyDelete