Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chocolate Oatmeal



  • 1 TBSP Cocoa Powder (Baking Cocoa)
  • 20g, or 1 heaping TBSP, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 TBSP Brown Sugar
  • 1 pinch, or shake, Cinnamon
  • 1/2 C Oatmeal (Rolled Oats)
  • 1 1/4 C Water (You may need less, only 1 C, if you don't live high & dry)
  • Pinch of Salt

Mix the cocoa powder, chips, sugar, cinnamon, and oats, together in a bowl. 

Bring water and salt to a boil. Add the mixture to the water. What I do, when I make oatmeal, any flavor of oatmeal, is, I wait for it to try and boil over and at that point I reduce the heat to low, and wait for it to reach my preferred texture, stirring occasionally. 

Stirring occasionally, for the uninitiated, means, when I remember, or when someone says, "Mom, I think you better check the oatmeal."

Smells fabulous while it's cooking, and, to me, it tastes like homemade chocolate pudding. I like homemade chocolate pudding, so this is a good thing. 

You could top it off with milk, if you like to add milk to your oatmeal, or whipped cream. Me? I garnished mine with cinnamon sugar, because that's what makes oatmeal, of any flavor, taste so good.

2 comments:

  1. We make something similar. We call them KittyCrapCookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck!

    No, this is an oatmeal, a cereal, for breakfast.

    It looks better in person.

    ReplyDelete