Tuesday, March 1, 2011

German Cheesecake?

I learn something new-to-me every day. Really. Truly. 

German Cheesecake is what I learned about today. Who knew, right? Not me. And it's made with quark. Quark was my something new-to-me a month or two ago.

Quark is a fresh cheese that has been described as a light soft cream cheese or a thick yogurt (but less tangy, if I'm not mistaken). German cheesecake, from what I've read, is a lighter and not so sweet cheesecake, but other than that it doesn't appear too different from what I think of as cheesecake. 

Surely I can't be the only one who has never heard of German cheesecake, right?

Diana's Desserts, and Steffen's Dinner's, both have photos of, and recipes for, Käsekuchen.

1 comment:

  1. I only learned of quark yesterday, myself.

    So, no, you are not the only one who has never heard of German Cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete