Friday, January 14, 2011

Triple Berry Breakfast Crisp




Triple Berry Breakfast Crisp, also known, to my family, as Koree’s Breakfast Crisp.

I first began making fruit crisps for breakfast, after reading a recipe from Koree, a mom I “met” on a homeschooling forum. Yes, I am a homeschooling mom (one graduate, now a college student, and one high school student) and I adore desserts, or sweets, for breakfast. Now you know.

Back to Koree, she introduced me to the idea of a simple fruit crisp for breakfast and it’s her basic guideline from which I make breakfast crisps to this day.
  
  • 2 C. (frozen) Triple Berry Blend (Costco sells one, of blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries, but I know it's available at other stores, too), refrigerated overnight.
  • 1 C. Rolled Oats
  • 3 TBSPS Brown Sugar
  • 2 TBSPS Pecans, each half broken into four pieces
  • 3 TBSPS Butter, chopped

I have a rectangular baking dish (9x6 ½) that works perfectly for this crisp. Butter or spray (with cooking spray, of course) the baking dish. Pour in the fruit, cover it first with the oats, secondly the brown sugar, thirdly the pecans,  and last but not least, the butter. 

Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 30 minutes (or you can do what I often do and not preheat the oven, but add the preheating time to the baking time, for me that is 10 minutes, so 40 minutes, starting in a cold oven). Serve warm!

Koree served her breakfast fruit crisp with vanilla yogurt, although I do not (because I can't eat "fresh" yogurt).

No comments:

Post a Comment