Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mini Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

Mini Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream


I'll be honest. Peanut Butter is not my favorite flavor of ice cream. I'd prefer a vanilla ice cream, with the mini peanut butter cups, myself. But, the texture is great considering this ice cream doesn't have a custard base. It's not too soft to eat right away. And many people do, my other family members included, love peanut butter ice cream. 

Mo is home for the summer and she made this for us (which is why it is indeed peanut butter ice cream rather than vanilla).



Adapted just slightly from the Cuisinart Recipe Booklet that came with my ice cream maker


  • 1 1/8 C Peanut Butter (for me, this is Kirkland Signature Organic Creamy Peanut Butter).
  • 3/4 C Sugar
  • 1 1/4 C Milk (Whole Milk is, of course, recommended for ice cream)
  • 2 C Heavy Cream
  • 1 1/2 tsps Vanilla Extract
  • 1 C Mini Peanut Butter Cups (for me, these come from Trader Joe's, and I just love them, but I'm a peanut butter cup snob and I don't care for Reese's). 


Whisk together the peanut butter and the sugar 'til smooth. Add the milk, and mix 'til the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.

With the ice cream machine running (or according to the manufacturer's instructions for your ice cream maker), pour the mixture into the freezer bowl. Let mix 'til thickened, about 25 - 35 minutes.

Five minutes before mixing is complete, add the mini peanut butter cups and let them mix in. Eat immediately, and/or freeze.

The original recipes says that it makes 14, 1/2 C servings. Huh! Who knew?

Made on 6/06/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment